Director of Retirement Plan Services
Shelton Capital Management is seeking a candidate with proven experience growing and running a start-up stage business to expand from the market testing stage to a national distribution strategy. The Director of Retirement Plan Services’ primary directive is to execute the 3(38) Fiduciary Services Business Plan (The Plan) and it will report to our Managing Director.
The Plan includes substantially increasing the number and size of our 401k clients, assets under management and total participants. The Director will provide leadership, direction and growth to a team that includes sales, marketing, operations and client service personnel. They will be asked to develop and expand third party relationships to support this growth in a manner that delivers authentic client service, growth and commitment to our team, our customers and our partners.
Consistent with companies in a start-up mode, the Director will be hands on in all elements of the business, making decisions to drive client experience, brand and growth expanding headcount to support the business and its success.
- Manage and oversee the entire marketing, sales and onboarding process from the building of brand awareness to winning referrals from existing clients.
- Player/coach approach for the sales, education, and servicing needs of all related plan participants and prospects.
- Coordination with Marketing to design, develop and execute marketing campaigns, webcasts, and field-based presentations for digital engagement/sales and for use by team personnel to meet the sales, education and service needs of retirement plan sponsors and participants.
- Set CRM usage standards to monitor all client contact and the results of all sales, education, and service campaigns.
- Directs and oversees the management of relationships with existing clients by developing, executing and ensuring proactive, creative, and ongoing client contact initiatives.
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with PEO’s leading to partnership status as the preferred 401k Plan provider.
- Negotiate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with a select number of recordkeeping and administration firms for competitive pricing and high standard of service.
- Reviews and analyzes metrics/dashboards to determine effectiveness of Sales and Service activities and implements changes as needed.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B2B focused start-up experience in leadership position
- Sales and/or marketing management experience
- Working knowledge the 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan Market
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses or willingness to obtain within a specified timeframe.
At Shelton Capital Management, we combine the best traits of a large institutional firm—experience, sophistication, and a range of investment solutions—with the client–centric focus of an independent investment boutique. Our team of seasoned investment experts and dedicated client service professionals are focused on meeting the needs of all who put their trust in us, including financial advisors, individual investors, and participants in company-sponsored retirement plans.
The best candidate will be interested in developing a broad set of skills in a way that is only possible in a small organization. We are seeking candidates who are looking to grow with the company and assume new responsibilities as the company expands. This position offers the potential for career growth and advancement.
Total compensation will include a base salary consistent with educational and work experience and an incentive bonus based upon the achievement of specific business metrics. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, paid time off and a 401(k) plan.
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online pre-employment assessment that takes roughly 30 minutes. A link will be sent to you shortly after you apply. If you don’t receive this email, please check your junk folder.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.